Sunday, March 17, 2013

FINALLY

3/9/2013- Wow, where to begin...
As some of you might know, I made a full asking price offer on the Ericson 32 sailboat in Oxnard CA on January 3rd of this year.   I liked the owner but it seems that he and his wife had some disfunction in their ability to complete the sale of this boat.   Finally on March 9th, it all came to a head and we decided that I would not buy that boat.

Now I had been looking at this boat,pictured here,
(1972 Islander 34-2) and in many respects, I liked it even more than the Ericson that I had been longing for.   The problem with this Islander was that it was a real project.   I will not go into detail, but the boat had been very poorly kept.   It had been owned by a young kid who (How can I say this?) had never cleaned the boat in six years of living aboard and owning the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment