Thursday, March 21, 2013

Haul Out & Bottom Paint

3/21/2013

I slept on the boat last night so that I didn't have to join the working bunch on the 22 & 405 freeways.


I am impressed at the Long Beach Marina and how clean the boat owners restrooms & showers are.  After a quick shower and some breakfast, I readied the boat and motored over the Cabrillo Boat Yard for my boat's first bottom painting.  (Do you think it needs it?)   I am having them plug up the two holes that have been used for the head as I will be installing a brand new composting head.   It seems that you seldom have to empty it (maybe once every three to six months) and the only smell you get from it is that of soil.   I have read everything I can about this and everyone thinks it is great.   I am taking away two holes on the port side of my boat and adding one (sea water intake) on the starboard side so that I can have salt water pumped on demand into one of my two sinks.  Washing dishes and things like that will be done with salt water and then I will just rinse them quickly with fresh water.   This should conserve fresh water.   I am also changing the colors of my boat from blue to green.   I just like green.

   I am also changing the name of the boat from Aeroskobing (a small town in Denmark???) to Spirit of Adventure.   Believe it or not, I was at Disneyland.  We were going through the Lincoln exhibit and their were small statues of things that make Americans great.   One was a sailor at a wheel during a storm.   Under that statue was the name, "Spirit of Adventure".   Anyway, I'll bet you would agree that it is better than the name my boat currently has.

No comments:

Post a Comment