Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Memories 2



 Aqua Cat- 12 ft long

                                                              Note- Mary, second from left
After the Marine Corp, I decided to not return to Colorado and to stay here in California.   By that time, I had met the girl of my dreams and got engaged after three weeks and married after only knowing her for three months.   Mary was a school teacher and she and her friends encouraged me to do the same.   As a high school drop out, the idea of me being able to graduate from college came slowly.   I graduated without honors, but I did graduate.   Our son and later, our daughter were born and soon we we owned a small catamaran and joined a sailing club.  What fun we all had with the kids learning to sail right along side of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment