Sunday, January 27, 2013

Memories

1/27/2013

THE OCEAN CALLS-
   At age 15 a friend and I took SCUBA diving lessons and began diving in many of the lakes in Colorado.   I remember that we bought the thickest wetsuits and our “Aqua Lung” tanks would only hold about a half hour of air.   My dad would take Kerry and me to the lakes and then when we had emptied our first tank, he would drive into town and get them filled so we could do another dive that day.   Kerry and I would watch “Sea Hunt” and that television series sparked my first real love for the ocean.   Kerry, Dave (another high school friend) and I drove to the California ocean a year later at the age of sixteen.   The first thing we did was go to Newport Beach and go… SCUBA diving.   Two years after that, we both joined the Marine Corp and part of the reason… We got stationed in California.


1960 Don Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment