Saturday, January 19, 2013

Patience

PATIENCE  1/19/2013

I know that it has been awhile since I have updated this, but there has not been too much to say.   On my last post, I had made a full price offer to the owner of the Ericson 32.   He would not take any money down, but wanted to talk to his new wife about what he was doing.   After several days, he called me and explained that he had been planning on buying a boat that was just a few slips down from his own.   He had showed his wife the new boat and she didn't like it at all.   He told me that as soon as he found another boat, I could then buy his boat.   His wife and him didn't want to be "between" boats as they did use the boat every week.   I told him that I could be patient and still would like his boat.

I continued looking and found another Ericson 35 that I really liked.   A 35 not only costs a bit more, but is more each month for a slip.   I told the owner I was interested and wanted to see his boat.   He was very happy, but called me within a day or so to say that he needed another week or two before I could even see the boat.   Something with his wife...  I said that I would be patient and decided that I had two boats that I would gladly buy and that I would just wait on the Lord to figure out which direction I would go.   I have been praying that I was in the Lord's will so I decided to just wait.

Today, I attended the Safety At Sea Seminar at Newport Harbor Yacht Club.   What a great day this was for preparing me for doing more sailing offshore.   I am really happy with all my new information and today's class has changed what I was planning for safety equipment.   This class was one of the prerequisites for doing any of the famous races from California to Hawaii.    Patience Don patience.


No comments:

Post a Comment