Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Nice job!

4/1- 4/2, 2013

Old bottom paint or lack thereof
New bottom paint
After some adjustment with the boat yard, I drove to the boat yard and was pleasantly surprised to see that they were putting my boat back into the water.   I had told the owner and he had repeated back that he knew that I wanted to see the work done before it was four feet under water.   Wow, was I pleased.   If you have read my last post, you know that they painted the bottom (two coats) with the wrong color blue.   The owner of the yard assured me that it would be re-painted green as I had agreed upon and directed.   I am so happy that I went with green.   What do you think?

I asked John who was in charge of the yard if they had just added one green coat or two?   He said that they had added two more coats of the green.    Once in the water, I motored back to Long Beach and as it was getting late, I only had a chance to hose and scrub off the boat yard grime that had accumulated on the deck.
The more I fix up this boat, the more beautiful I think she is.
Today (Tuesday) the fellow that had been recommended to paint the deck stopped by and after some haggling, we agreed on a price.   The work will be done during the two weeks that Mary and I are out of the country on a trip to Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment