Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Sailing With Andy

12/14/2013

The weather report proclaimed that we would have winds 15-20 knots w/gusts to 40.   I sent Andy a quick text and we both agreed that it could be a real fun time for sailing.  We met at the boat around 11 AM and the wind was almost non-existent in the marina.    Andy is a new friend and the husband of Dawn who I play racquetball with on a regular basis.   This was a first for me on Spirit of Adventure because Andy is a very experienced sailor who has owned his own boat.  I knew that I would learn from him and I did.

As we left the marina we saw a few boats barely sailing and so we motored out a ways before raising the main and unfurling the jib.   Soon Andy had us moving as we headed South and out from behind the Long Beach breakwater.   It ended up being one of those perfect days for sailing with no wind over 10-12 knots.   I could tell that Andy loved sailing as much as I do.   All in all, it was a great day.

For a short video of this sail go to-  http://youtu.be/P0uH-xryajo

No comments:

Post a Comment