Sunday, October 6, 2013

Contemplation




This morning as I sat down at my computer I spotted this picture and really fell in love with sailing once again.   Now this happens fairly regularly.   This picture of Spirit of Adventure and myself sailing with Catalina Island in the background says it all for me.  My boat is almost swallowed in a swell and appears as being quite small.  My boat is 34" long and is actually the largest boat I have ever owned.  Some ask me if it is not too much for me to handle by myself.  With the aid of steering devices that I have aboard, I say, "Not at all!" and really mean it.  I do love having friends aboard to sail with and my sis is the best, but everything I have done to my boat has been to assist me in single handing my boat.    My friend Webb has modified a Moore 24 and is planning on leaving for a single handed around the world trip in it.   He has sailed around the world five times by himself, so I do have faith that he can do that again.   As I contemplate where I will go with Spirit, it is hard to say right now, but I know that wherever I go, with friends or not, it will be a fun adventure.   Fair winds to you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment